Operations is the largest division of the Fire Department. The Operations Division performs the following functions:
- Fire suppression / rescue
- Vehicle accident extrication rescue
- Hazardous Materials response
- Accidents with injuries medical response
- AED (Defib) medical response
- Confined Space rescue (Technical Rescue)
- High angle rope rescue (Technical Rescue)
- Public Fire Education displays & special events
- Training drills and exercises
- Commercial Inspection Program.
- Municipal water supply (Hydrant) testing
- Natural and man-made disaster mitigation
The Operations Division is made up of 162 Operations (Fireline) personnel. All work 24 hour shifts. With three shifts in place, the Jackson Fire Department is staffed with 54 personnel per shift.
The Jackson Fire Department has seven stations.