Tips for Property Safety
- Lock your vehicle
- Do not leave valuables in your car
- Do not leave anything in plain view
- Keeps windows rolled up
- Do not leave your GPS or its accessories in plain view
- Utilize a tracking device for your vehicle
- Do not leave weapons in your car overnight
Residential Home Safety
- Call JPD when you see suspicious activity.
- Do not post on Facebook when you get something new (like a flat screen TV) or when you are going out of town.
- Install security lights.
- Install deadbolt locks. Lock all doors, even garage doors.
- Record all serial numbers and photograph your property.
- Utilize tracking devices for laptops.
- Don't hide a spare key in obvious places.
- Keep garage doors closed when you are not at home.
- When you buy new appliances or electronics, do not leave the boxes at the curb. Tear the boxes down and put the pieces in garbage bags.
Was this article helpful to you? Yes No